Michoud Pharmacy Top 6 Health Benefits Of Eucalyptus:
Eucalyptus is an Australian native, it’s popular in Asia, Africa and South America.
With over 900 different variants, from bushy plants to giant trees. Even with it’s differences, they are easily identified by their aroma.
Here are our Top 6 Health Benefits Of Eucalyptus:
H1: Blood flow: Ingesting small amount of eucalyptus oil can help increase blood flow, and is beneficial for diabetics. Eucalyptus is a vasodilator, and can help prevent circulation problems that may lead to amputated limbs, a common complication among diabetics.
Breathing issues: Apply eucalyptus oil con your back and chest area to help relieve respiratory conditions like tuberculosis and pneumonia.
H2: Antiseptic Qualities: Used for healing ulcers, cuts, burns, wounds, and sores. It protects open wounds from microbial infection.
Immune system: Eucalyptus essential oil is able to implement the innate cell-mediated immune response.
A Stimulant: Helps with mental exhaustion. Also effective in treating stress and mental disorders as inhaling its vapor to help increase blood circulation to the brain.
H3: Hair Growth: Eucalyptus can bring down immflamuation in scalps which provides an ideal environment for hair growth.
Though there are signs of eucalyptus poisoning which includes stomach pain, dizziness, muscle weakness, small eyepupils, feelings of suffocation, and some others. Eucalyptus oil can cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Before using eucalyptus oil (or any essential oil), it’s important to be aware of the side effects.
Common Side Effects of Eucalyptus Oil:
- Asthma/respiratory: Eucalyptus oil may treat asthma, it may have the opposite effect on some individuals.
- Rashes: Rashes may appear if you’re allergic to the oil.
- Drowsiness: The oil may cause severe drowsiness, it can put you at risk of accidents.
- Medication interactions: If you’re taking any medication right now, eucalyptus can interfere with the medication’s effectiveness. It may also increase the absorption of certain drugs.
- Toxicity: In large doses, eucalyptus oil can cause stomach pain, seizures and increased pulse rate.
Consult with a doctor first before using eucalyptus oil. By doing so, you can lower your risk of any of these side effects.